JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts then you are not alone.
Theatre or theater is a collaborative form of performing art that uses live performers, usually actors or actresses, to present the experience of a real or imagined event before a live audience in a specific place, often a stage. The performers may communicate this experience to the audience through combinations of gesture, speech, song, music, and dance. Elements of art, such as painted scenery and stagecraft such as lighting are used to enhance the physicality, presence and immediacy of the experience. The specific place of the performance is also named by the word “theatre” as derived from the Ancient Greek θέατρον (théatron, “a place for viewing”), itself from θεάομαι (theáomai, “to see”, “to watch”, “to observe”).
Modern Western theatre comes, in large measure, from the theatre of ancient Greece, from which it borrows technical terminology, classification into genres, and many of its themes, stock characters, and plot elements. Theatre artist Patrice Pavis defines theatricality, theatrical language, stage writing and the specificity of theatre as synonymous expressions that differentiate theatre from the other performing arts, literature and the arts in general.
Modern theatre includes performances of plays and musical theatre. The art forms of ballet and opera are also theatre and use many conventions such as acting, costumes and staging. They were influential to the development of musical theatre; see those articles for more information.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Theatre Arts O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Theatre Arts Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Theatre Arts UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Theatre Arts.
Please read the Theatre Arts programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Theatre Arts
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE – UNI-AFRICA
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Theatre Arts
Direct Entry Requirement for Theatre Arts:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects.
UTME Requirement for Theatre Arts:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and Arts subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Theatre Arts:
- Literature in English and two (2) other relevant subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Theatre Arts. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Theatre Arts”.
Thanks For Visiting