JAMB Subject Combination for Radiography
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Radiography
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Radiography then you are not alone.
According to Wikipedia, Radiography is an imaging technique using X-rays, gamma rays, or similar ionizing radiation and non-ionizing radiation to view the internal form of an object. Applications of radiography include medical radiography (“diagnostic” and “therapeutic”) and industrial radiography. Similar techniques are used in airport security (where “body scanners” generally use backscatter X-ray).
To create an image in conventional radiography, a beam of X-rays is produced by an X-ray generator and is projected toward the object. A certain amount of the X-rays or other radiation is absorbed by the object, dependent on the object’s density and structural composition. The X-rays that pass through the object are captured behind the object by a detector (either photographic film or a digital detector).
The generation of flat two dimensional images by this technique is called projectional radiography. In computed tomography (CT scanning) an X-ray source and its associated detectors rotate around the subject which itself moves through the conical X-ray beam produced. Any given point within the subject is crossed from many directions by many different beams at different times.
Information regarding attenuation of these beams is collated and subjected to computation to generate two dimensional images in three planes (axial, coronal, and sagittal) which can be further processed to produce a three dimensional image.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Radiography O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Radiography Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Radiography UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Radiography.
Please read the Radiography programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Radiography
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Radiography
Direct Entry Requirement for Radiography:
- Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
UTME Requirement for Radiography:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
UTME Subject combination for Radiography:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Radiography. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Radiography”.
Thanks For Visiting