JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Mathematics
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Mathematics
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Pure And Applied Mathematics
- 1.2 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Mathematics then you are not alone.
According to Wikipedia Pure mathematics is the study of mathematical concepts independently of any application outside mathematics. These concepts may originate in real-world concerns, and the results obtained may later turn out to be useful for practical applications, but pure mathematicians are not primarily motivated by such applications. Instead, the appeal is attributed to the intellectual challenge and aesthetic beauty of working out the logical consequences of basic principles.
While pure mathematics has existed as an activity since at least Ancient Greece, the concept was elaborated upon around the year 1900, after the introduction of theories with counter-intuitive properties (such as non-Euclidean geometries and Cantor’s theory of infinite sets), and the discovery of apparent paradoxes (such as continuous functions that are nowhere differentiable, and Russell’s paradox). This introduced the need to renew the concept of mathematical rigor and rewrite all mathematics accordingly, with a systematic use of axiomatic methods. This led many mathematicians to focus on mathematics for its own sake, that is, pure mathematics.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Pure And Applied Mathematics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Pure And Applied Mathematics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Pure And Applied Mathematics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Pure And Applied Mathematics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Pure And Applied Mathematics.
Please read the Pure And Applied Mathematics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Pure And Applied Mathematics
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – PAUL
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Pure And Applied Mathematics
Direct Entry Requirement for Pure And Applied Mathematics:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in Mathematics and any other Science subject.
- (ii) NCE merit/HND /ND upper credit in Mathematics.
UTME Requirement for Pure And Applied Mathematics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science or Geography.
UTME Subject combination for Pure And Applied Mathematics:
- Mathematics, Physics and Biology or Agricultural Science or Chemistry or Geography.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Pure And Applied Mathematics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Pure And Applied Mathematics”.
Thanks For Visiting