JAMB Subject Combination for Public And Community Health
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Public And Community Health
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Public And Community Health then you are not alone.
Community health is a major field of study within the medical and clinical sciences which focuses on the maintenance, protection, and improvement of the health status of population groups and communities. It is a distinct field of study that may be taught within a separate school of public health or environmental health. The WHO defines community health as:
environmental, social, and economic resources to sustain emotional and physical well being among people in ways that advance their aspirations and satisfy their needs in their unique environment.
Medical interventions that occur in communities can be classified as three categories: primary care, secondary care, and tertiary care. Each category focuses on a different level and approach towards the community or population group. In the United States, community health is rooted within primary healthcare achievements. Primary healthcare programs aim to reduce risk factors and increase health promotion and prevention. Secondary healthcare is related to “hospital care” where acute care is administered in a hospital department setting. Tertiary healthcare refers to highly specialized care usually involving disease or disability management.
The success of community health programmes relies upon the transfer of information from health professionals to the general public using one-to-one or one to many communication (mass communication). The latest shift is towards health marketing .
The Bachelor’s Degree in Public And Community Health is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Public And Community Health O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Public And Community Health Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Public And Community Health UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Public And Community Health.
Please read the Public And Community Health programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Public And Community Health
- NOVENA UNIVERSITY, OGUME, DELTA STATE – NOVENA
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Public And Community Health
Direct Entry Requirement for Public And Community Health:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Biology/ Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus three (3) other O Level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and English Language.
- NRN or its approved equivalent plus five (5) O Level credit passes in English Language and four (4) Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science.
UTME Requirement for Public And Community Health:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English Language.
UTME Subject combination for Public And Community Health:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Public And Community Health. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Public And Community Health”.
Thanks For Visiting