JAMB Subject Combination for Mining Engineering
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Mining Engineering then you are not alone.
Mining in the engineering discipline is the extraction of minerals from underneath, above or on the ground. Mining engineering is associated with many other disciplines, such as mineral processing, exploration, excavation, geology, and metallurgy, geotechnical engineering and surveying. A mining engineer may manage any phase of mining operations, from exploration and discovery of the mineral resources, through feasibility study, mine design, development of plans, production and operations to mine closure.
With the process of Mineral extraction, some amount of waste and uneconomic material are generated which are the primary source of pollution in the vicinity of mines. Mining activities by their nature cause a disturbance of the natural environment in and around which the minerals are located. Mining engineers must therefore be concerned not only with the production and processing of mineral commodities, but also with the mitigation of damage to the environment both during and after mining as a result of the change in the mining area. Such Industries go through stringent laws to control the pollution and damage caused to the environment and are periodically governed by the concerned departments.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Mining Engineering O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Mining Engineering Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Mining Engineering UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Mining Engineering.
Please read the Mining Engineering programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Mining Engineering
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Mining Engineering
Direct Entry Requirement for Mining Engineering:
- (i) A Level passes in any two (2) of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- (ii) ND upper credit in Mining Engineering/ Mineral Resources and Geological Study in addition to O Level requirements.
UTME Requirement for Mining Engineering:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other Science subjects
UTME Subject combination for Mining Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Mining Engineering. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Mining Engineering”.
Thanks For Visiting