JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science then you are not alone.
A medical laboratory scientist (MLS) or clinical laboratory scientist (CLS) or medical technologist (MT) performs diagnostic testing of blood and body fluids in clinical laboratories. The scope of a medical laboratory scientist’s work begins with the receipt of patient or client specimens and terminates with the delivery of test results to physicians and other healthcare providers. The utility of clinical diagnostic testing relies squarely on the validity of test methodology. To this end, much of the work done by medical laboratory scientists involves ensuring specimen quality, interpreting test results, data-logging, testing control products, performing calibration, maintenance, validation, and troubleshooting of instrumentation as well as performing statistical analyses to verify the accuracy and repeatability of testing. Medical laboratory scientists may also assist healthcare providers with test selection and specimen collection and are responsible for prompt verbal delivery of critical lab results. An estimated 70% of medical decisions are based on laboratory test results.
The most common tests performed by medical laboratory scientists are complete blood count (CBC), comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), electrolyte panel, liver function tests (LFT), renal function tests (RFT), thyroid function test (TFT), urinalysis, coagulation profile, lipid profile, blood type, semen analysis (for fertility and post-vasectomy studies), serological studies and routine cultures. In some facilities that have few phlebotomists, or none at all, (such as in rural areas) medical laboratory scientists may perform phlebotomy. Because medical laboratory scientists have many transferable technical skills, employment outside of the medical laboratory is common. Many medical laboratory scientists are employed in government positions such as the FDA, USDA, non-medical industrial laboratories, and manufacturing.
In the United Kingdom and the United States, senior laboratory scientists, who are typically post-doctoral scientists, take on significantly greater clinical responsibilities in the laboratory. In the United States these scientists may function in the role of clinical laboratory directors, while in the United Kingdom they are known as consultant clinical scientists.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Medical Laboratory Science O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Medical Laboratory Science Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Medical Laboratory Science UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Medical Laboratory Science.
Please read the Medical Laboratory Science programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Medical Laboratory Science
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA, ABIA STATE – RHEMA
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Medical Laboratory Science
Direct Entry Requirement for Medical Laboratory Science:
- A Level passes to include Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology
UTME Requirement for Medical Laboratory Science:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
UTME Subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Medical Laboratory Science. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science”.
Thanks For Visiting