JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics/Statistics
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics/Statistics then you are not alone.
Statistics is the discipline that concerns the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data.In applying statistics to a scientific, industrial, or social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model to be studied. Populations can be diverse groups of people or objects such as “all people living in a country” or “every atom composing a crystal”. Statistics deals with every aspect of data, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.
When census data cannot be collected, statisticians collect data by developing specific experiment designs and survey samples. Representative sampling assures that inferences and conclusions can reasonably extend from the sample to the population as a whole. An experimental study involves taking measurements of the system under study, manipulating the system, and then taking additional measurements using the same procedure to determine if the manipulation has modified the values of the measurements. In contrast, an observational study does not involve experimental manipulation
The Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Statistics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Mathematics/Statistics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Mathematics/Statistics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Mathematics/Statistics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Mathematics/Statistics.
Please read the Mathematics/Statistics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Mathematics/Statistics
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Mathematics/Statistics
Direct Entry Requirement for Mathematics/Statistics:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry (ii) NCE merit in Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry
UTME Requirement for Mathematics/Statistics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and at least three (3) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Additional/Further Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Mathematics/Statistics:
- Mathematics, Economics and one other subject
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Mathematics/Statistics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics/Statistics”.
Thanks For Visiting