JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics And Communication Studies
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics And Communication Studies
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics And Communication Studies then you are not alone.
The traditional areas of linguistic analysis include phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics. Each of these areas roughly corresponds to phenomena found in human linguistic systems: sounds (and gesture, in the case of signed languages), minimal units (words, morphemes), phrases and sentences, and meaning and use.
Linguistics studies these phenomena in diverse ways and from various perspectives. Theoretical linguistics (including traditional descriptive linguistics) is concerned with building models of these systems, their parts (ontologies), and their combinatorics. Psycholinguistics builds theories of the processing and production of all these phenomena. These phenomena may be studied synchronically or diachronically (through history), in monolinguals or polyglots, in children or adults, as they are acquired or statically, as abstract objects or as embodied cognitive structures, using texts (corpora) or through experimental elicitation, by gathering data mechanically, through fieldwork, or through introspective judgment tasks. Computational linguistics implements theoretical constructs to parse or produce natural language or homologues. Neurolinguistics investigates linguistic phenomena by experiments on actual brain responses involving linguistic stimuli.
Linguistics is related to philosophy of language, stylistics and rhetoric, semiotics, lexicography, and translation.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics And Communication Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Linguistics And Communication Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Linguistics And Communication Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Linguistics And Communication Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Linguistics And Communication Studies.
Please read the Linguistics And Communication Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Linguistics And Communication Studies
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Linguistics And Communication Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for Linguistics And Communication Studies:
- Two (2) A Level passes or NCE to include any Language, preferably an African Language.
UTME Requirement for Linguistics And Communication Studies:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language.
UTME Subject combination for Linguistics And Communication Studies:
- Any Language and two (2) other subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Linguistics And Communication Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics And Communication Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting