JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics then you are not alone.
Geophysics (/ˌdʒiːoʊˈfɪzɪks/) is a subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the Earth and its surrounding space environment, and the use of quantitative methods for their analysis. The term geophysics sometimes refers only to solid earth applications: Earth’s shape; its gravitational and magnetic fields; its internal structure and composition; its dynamics and their surface expression in plate tectonics, the generation of magmas, volcanism and rock formation. However, modern geophysics organizations and pure scientists use a broader definition that includes the water cycle including snow and ice; fluid dynamics of the oceans and the atmosphere; electricity and magnetism in the ionosphere and magnetosphere and solar-terrestrial physics; and analogous problems associated with the Moon and other planets.
Although geophysics was only recognized as a separate discipline in the 19th century, its origins date back to ancient times. The first magnetic compasses were made from lodestones, while more modern magnetic compasses played an important role in the history of navigation. The first seismic instrument was built in 132 AD. Isaac Newton applied his theory of mechanics to the tides and the precession of the equinox; and instruments were developed to measure the Earth’s shape, density and gravity field, as well as the components of the water cycle. In the 20th century, geophysical methods were developed for remote exploration of the solid Earth and the ocean, and geophysics played an essential role in the development of the theory of plate tectonics.
Geophysics is applied to societal needs, such as mineral resources, mitigation of natural hazards and environmental protection. In Exploration geophysics, geophysical survey data are used to analyze potential petroleum reservoirs and mineral deposits, locate groundwater, find archaeological relics, determine the thickness of glaciers and soils, and assess sites for environmental remediation.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Geophysics is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Geophysics O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Geophysics Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Geophysics UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Geophysics.
Please read the Geophysics programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Geophysics
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE – MOUNTAIN TOP
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Geophysics
Direct Entry Requirement for Geophysics:
- A Level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
UTME Requirement for Geophysics:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology.
UTME Subject combination for Geophysics:
- Any three (3) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Geophysics. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB