JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries Technology
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries Technology then you are not alone.
Fishing techniques are methods for catching fish. The term may also be applied to methods for catching other aquatic animals such as molluscs (shellfish, squid, octopus) and edible marine invertebrates.
Fishing techniques include hand-gathering, spearfishing, netting, angling and trapping. Recreational, commercial and artisanal fishers use different techniques, and also, sometimes, the same techniques. Recreational fishers fish for pleasure or sport, while commercial fishers fish for profit. Artisanal fishers use traditional, low-tech methods, for survival in developing countries, and as a cultural heritage in other countries. Mostly, recreational fishers use angling methods and commercial fishers use netting methods.
There is an intricate link between various fishing techniques and knowledge about the fish and their behaviour including migration, foraging and habitat. The effective use of fishing techniques often depends on this additional knowledge. Which techniques are appropriate is dictated mainly by the target species and by its habitat
Fishing techniques can be contrasted with fishing tackle. Fishing tackle refers to the physical equipment that is used when fishing, whereas fishing techniques refers to the manner in which the tackle is used when fishing.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Fisheries Technology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Fisheries Technology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Fisheries Technology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Fisheries Technology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Fisheries Technology.
Please read the Fisheries Technology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Fisheries Technology
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Fisheries Technology
Direct Entry Requirement for Fisheries Technology:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science Geography, Mathematics (pure & applied), Physics, Geology and Economics.
- (ii)NCE Agriculture
UTME Requirement for Fisheries Technology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language plus any other Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Fisheries Technology:
- Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Fisheries Technology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries Technology”.
Thanks For Visiting