JAMB Subject Combination for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts then you are not alone.
In European academic traditions, fine art is developed primarily for aesthetics or beauty, distinguishing it from decorative art or applied art, which also has to serve some practical function, such as pottery or most metalwork. In the aesthetic theories developed in the Italian Renaissance, the highest art was that which allowed the full expression and display of the artist’s imagination, unrestricted by any of the practical considerations involved in, say, making and decorating a teapot. It was also considered important that making the artwork did not involve dividing the work between different individuals with specialized skills, as might be necessary with a piece of furniture, for example. Even within the fine arts, there was a hierarchy of genres based on the amount of creative imagination required, with history painting placed higher than still life.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts.
Please read the Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
Direct Entry Requirement for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- (ii) ND upper credit HND lower credit from recognised institutions.
UTME Requirement for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts.
- For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
UTME Subject combination for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts:
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts”.
Thanks For Visiting