JAMB Subject Combination for English Studies
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for English Studies then you are not alone.
English studies (usually called simply English) is an academic discipline taught in primary, secondary, and post-secondary education in English-speaking countries; it is not to be confused with English taught as a foreign language, which is a distinct discipline. It involves the study and exploration of texts created in English literature.
English studies include: the study of literature (especially novels, plays, short stories, and poetry), the majority of which comes from Britain, the United States, and Ireland (although English-language literature from any country may be studied, and local or national literature is usually emphasized in any given country); English composition, including writing essays, short stories, and poetry; English language arts, including the study of grammar, usage, and style; and English sociolinguistics, including discourse analysis of written and spoken texts in the English language, the history of the English language, English language learning and teaching, and the study of World Englishes.
The Bachelor’s Degree in English Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- English Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- English Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- English Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study English Studies.
Please read the English Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering English Studies
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study English Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for English Studies:
- Two (2) A Level passes to include Literature in English and one other Arts subject.
UTME Requirement for English Studies:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Literature in English and English Language.
UTME Subject combination for English Studies:
- Literature in English, one other Arts subject and another Arts or Social Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for English Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for English Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting