JAMB Subject Combination for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management then you are not alone.
Ecotourism is a form of tourism involving responsible travel to natural areas, conserving the environment, and improving the well-being of the local people. Its purpose may be to educate the traveler, to provide funds for ecological conservation, to directly benefit the economic development and political empowerment of local communities, or to foster respect for different cultures and for human rights. Since the 1980s, ecotourism has been considered a critical endeavor by environmentalists, so that future generations may experience destinations relatively untouched by human intervention. Several university programs use this description as the working definition of ecotourism.
Generally, ecotourism deals with interaction with biotic components of the natural environments. Ecotourism focuses on socially responsible travel, personal growth, and environmental sustainability. Ecotourism typically involves travel to destinations where flora, fauna, and cultural heritage are the primary attractions. Ecotourism is intended to offer tourists an insight into the impact of human beings on the environment and to foster a greater appreciation of our natural habitats.
Responsible ecotourism programs include those that minimize the negative aspects of conventional tourism on the environment and enhance the cultural integrity of local people. Therefore, in addition to evaluating environmental and cultural factors, an integral part of ecotourism is the promotion of recycling, energy efficiency, water conservation, and creation of economic opportunities for local communities. For these reasons, ecotourism often appeals to advocates of environmental and social responsibility.
Many consider the term “ecotourism”, like “sustainable tourism“, an oxymoron. Like most forms of tourism, ecotourism generally depends on air transportation, which contributes to global climate change. Additionally, “the overall effect of sustainable tourism is negative where like ecotourism philanthropic aspirations mask hard-nosed immediate self-interest.”That said, carbon offset schemes are being provided by (some) large airlines these days, and passengers can make use of them to eliminate these impacts.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Ecotourism & Wildlife Management is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Ecotourism & Wildlife Management O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Ecotourism & Wildlife Management Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Ecotourism & Wildlife Management UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Ecotourism & Wildlife Management.
Please read the Ecotourism & Wildlife Management programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Ecotourism & Wildlife Management
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Ecotourism & Wildlife Management
Direct Entry Requirement for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management:
- (i) ND with a minimum of upper credit or equivalent from recognized Polytechnics and Colleges of Wildlife Management in relevant programs (Agricultural Sciences). Such candidates are also expected to meet the requirements for UTME admissions specified in (a) above.
- (ii) Candidates who possess A Level passes in at least two (2) of the following subjects are eligible for admission: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geography or Economics.
UTME Requirement for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Agricultural Science, and any two (2) subjects from Chemistry, Geography, Economics and at least O Level pass in Physics.
UTME Subject combination for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management:
- English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science and any two (2) of Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Mathematics and Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Ecotourism & Wildlife Management”.
Thanks For Visiting