JAMB Subject Combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery then you are not alone.
Dentistry, also known as dental medicine and oral medicine, is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa, and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial) area. Although primarily associated with teeth among the general public, the field of dentistry or dental medicine is not limited to teeth but includes other aspects of the craniofacial complex including the temporomandibular joint and other supporting, muscular, lymphatic, nervous, vascular, and anatomical structures.
Dentistry is often also understood to subsume the now largely defunct medical specialty of stomatology (the study of the mouth and its disorders and diseases) for which reason the two terms are used interchangeably in certain regions.
Dental treatments are carried out by a dental team, which often consists of a dentist and dental auxiliaries (dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians, as well as dental therapists). Most dentists either work in private practices (primary care), dental hospitals or (secondary care) institutions (prisons, armed forces bases, etc.).
The history of dentistry is almost as ancient as the history of humanity and civilization with the earliest evidence dating from 7000 BC to 5500 BC. Skeletal remains from Mehgarh (now in Pakistan) dated to that time show evidence of teeth having been drilled with flint tools to remove decay, a method found to be “surprisingly effective”. Dentistry is thought to have been the first specialization in medicine. The modern movement of evidence-based dentistry calls for the use of high-quality scientific evidence to guide decision-making.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry And Dental Surgery is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Dentistry And Dental Surgery.
Please read the Dentistry And Dental Surgery programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Dentistry And Dental Surgery
Direct Entry Requirement for Dentistry And Dental Surgery:
- Three (3) A Level passes to include Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and Physics.
UTME Requirement for Dentistry And Dental Surgery:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery:
- Chemistry, Biology and one (1) other Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Dentistry And Dental Surgery. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery”.
Thanks For Visiting