JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science and Information Technology
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science and Information Technology
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science and Information Technology
- 1.2 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science and Information Technology then you are not alone.
Information technology (IT) is the use of computers to store or retrieve data and information. IT is typically used within the context of business operations as opposed to personal or entertainment technologies. IT is considered to be a subset of information and communications technology (ICT). An information technology system (IT system) is generally an information system, a communications system, or, more specifically speaking, a computer system – including all hardware, software, and peripheral equipment – operated by a limited group of IT users.
Humans have been storing, retrieving, manipulating, and communicating information since the Sumerians in Mesopotamia developed writing in about 3000 BC. However, the term information technology in its modern sense first appeared in a 1958 article published in the Harvard Business Review; authors Harold J. Leavitt and Thomas L. Whisler commented that “the new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it information technology (IT).” Their definition consists of three categories: techniques for processing, the application of statistical and mathematical methods to decision-making, and the simulation of higher-order thinking through computer programs.
The term is commonly used as a synonym for computers and computer networks, but it also encompasses other information distribution technologies such as television and telephones. Several products or services within an economy are associated with information technology, including computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductors, internet, telecom equipment, and e-commerce.
Based on the storage and processing technologies employed, it is possible to distinguish four distinct phases of IT development: pre-mechanical (3000 BC – 1450 AD), mechanical (1450–1840), electromechanical (1840–1940), and electronic (1940–present). This article focuses on the most recent period (electronic).
The Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Information Technology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Computer Science and Information Technology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Computer Science and Information Technology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Computer Science and Information Technology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Computer Science and Information Technology.
Please read the Computer Science and Information Technology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Computer Science and Information Technology
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Computer Science and Information Technology
Direct Entry Requirement for Computer Science and Information Technology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in science subjects including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other Science or Social Science subject.
UTME Requirement for Computer Science and Information Technology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics plus two (2) other Science subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Computer Science and Information Technology:
- Mathematics, Physics and one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics and Geography.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Computer Science and Information Technology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science and Information Technology”.
Thanks For Visiting