JAMB Subject Combination for Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) then you are not alone.
Religious studies, also known as the study of religion, is an academic field devoted to research into religious beliefs, behaviors, and institutions. It describes, compares, interprets, and explains religion, emphasizing systematic, historically based, and cross-cultural perspectives.
While theology attempts to understand the transcendent or supernatural forces (such as deities), religious studies tries to study religious behavior and belief from outside any particular religious viewpoint. Religious studies draws upon multiple disciplines and their methodologies including anthropology, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and history of religion.
Religious studies originated in the nineteenth century, when scholarly and historical analysis of the Bible had flourished, and Hindu and Buddhist texts were first being translated into European languages. Early influential scholars included Friedrich Max Müller in England and Cornelius P. Tiele in the Netherlands. Today religious studies is practiced by scholars worldwide. In its early years, it was known as “comparative religion” or the science of religion and, in the US, there are those who today also know the field as the History of religion (associated with methodological traditions traced to the University of Chicago in general, and in particular Mircea Eliade, from the late 1950s through to the late 1980s).
The religious studies scholar Walter Capps described the purpose of the discipline as to provide “training and practice … in directing and conducting inquiry regarding the subject of religion”. At the same time, Capps stated that its other purpose was to use “prescribed modes and techniques of inquiry to make the subject of religion intelligible.” Religious studies scholar Robert A. Segal characterised the discipline as “a subject matter” that is “open to many approaches”, and thus it “does not require either a distinctive method or a distinctive explanation to be worthy of disciplinary status.”
Different scholars operating in the field have different interests and intentions; some for instance seek to defend religion, while others seek to explain it away, and others wish to use religion as an example with which to prove a theory of their own. Some scholars of religious studies are interested in primarily studying the religion to which they belong.
Scholars of religion have argued that a study of the subject is useful for individuals because it will provide them with knowledge that is pertinent in inter-personal and professional contexts within an increasingly globalised world. It has also been argued that studying religion is useful in appreciating and understanding sectarian tensions and religious violence.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Religious Studies (CRS) is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS) O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS) UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Christian Religious Studies (CRS).
Please read the Christian Religious Studies (CRS) programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration
LEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY, OWERRINTTA, ABIA STATE – CLIFFORD
- DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – DOMINICAN-UNI
- ECWA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, IGBAJA (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, OYO STATE) – ECWA
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LIFE THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE. (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – LTS
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGERIA BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY,OGBOMOSHO,OYO STATE.(AFFL TO UNI OF IBADAN) – NBTSO
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, OBONG, NTAK, AKWA IBOM STATE – OBONG
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- PETER ACHIMUGU COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, ANKPA (AFFILIATED TO KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY) – PACOT
- REDEEMED CHRISTIAN BIBLE COLLEGE, REDEMPTION CAMP, OGUN STATE – REDEEMED
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- SPIRITAN UNIVERSITY, NNEOCHI, ABIA STATE – SPIRITAN
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
Direct Entry Requirement for Christian Religious Studies (CRS):
- Two (2) A Level passes/NCE to include CRS/Religious Studies.
UTME Requirement for Christian Religious Studies (CRS):
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, CRS and three (3) other relevant subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Christian Religious Studies (CRS):
- Two (2) Arts subjects including CRS and any other subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Christian Religious Studies (CRS). CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Christian Religious Studies (CRS)”.
Thanks For Visiting