JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences then you are not alone.
Biology is the scientific study of life.It is a natural science with a broad scope but has several unifying themes that tie it together as a single, coherent field.For instance, all organisms are made up of cells that process hereditary information encoded in genes, which can be transmitted to future generations. Another major theme is evolution, which explains the unity and diversity of life.Finally, all organisms require energy to move, grow, and reproduce, as well as to regulate their own internal environment.
Biologists are able to study life at multiple levels of organization. From the molecular biology of a cell to the anatomy and physiology of plants and animals, and evolution of populations.Hence, there are multiple subdisciplines within biology, each defined by the nature of their research questions and the tools that they use.Like other scientists, biologists use the scientific method to make observations, pose questions, generate hypotheses, perform experiments, and form conclusions about the world around them.
Life on Earth, which emerged more than 3.7 billion years ago,is immensely diverse. Biologists have sought to study and classify the various forms of life, from prokaryotic organisms such as archaea and bacteria to eukaryotic organisms such as protists, fungi, plants, and animals. These various organisms contribute to the biodiversity of an ecosystem, where they play specialized roles in the cycling of nutrients and energy.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Biological Sciences O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Biological Sciences Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Biological Sciences UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Biological Sciences.
Please read the Biological Sciences programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Biological Sciences
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – AUGUSTINE
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – VERITAS
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Biological Sciences
Direct Entry Requirement for Biological Sciences:
(i) Two (2) A Level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry.
(ii) ND/NCE in related programme/subject.
UTME Requirement for Biological Sciences:
UTME Subject combination for Biological Sciences:
Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Biological Sciences. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences”.
Thanks For Visiting