We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Government of India (ICCR) Scholarships for Africans to Study in India 2021/2022, indian government scholarship 2020/2021, iccr scholarship 2020-21 for ethiopia, iccr scholarship 2021-22, iccr scholarship application form 2020-2021, iccr scholarship 2020-21 for africa, iccr scholarship 2021-22 for africa, indian scholarship for nigerian students, indian government scholarship 2021/2022 then you are not alone.
The Government of India through the ICCR is enhancing academic opportunities for students of African Countries in India by offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate/postgraduate and higher studies at Indian Institutions/Universities.
This scholarship scheme was launched at the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, where the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
Government of India (ICCR) Scholarships Benefits.
900 scholarships are available for undergraduate/postgraduate and higher studies.
- Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month)
- Undergraduate -5,500 , Postgraduate-6,000 M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000, Post-doctoral Fellow-7,500
- -House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
- -Contingent Grant (per annum)
- Undergraduate-5,000, Postgraduate-7,000, M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME-12,500, Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount) –Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in entire duration of course)
- D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000
- -Medical Benefits
- Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)
Government of India (ICCR) Scholarships Eligibility.
- Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students or which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
- Before departing for India the scholars should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India/the details of scholarship/the type and duration of the course to which he/she is admitted. Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make reception and other arrangements for them.
- Scholars are advised to bring some money with them to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
- The scholars who are awarded scholarships should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission
Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for Government of India (ICCR) Scholarships.
Students registration opens on 1st December 2019 for the Academic session 2020-2021. Please note last date for submitting applications from students is 29th February, 2020 for all courses. However for Ph.d last date is 31st August 2020.
Please read the guidelines before filling out the application form.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Government of India (ICCR) Scholarships for Africans to Study in India 2021/2022”.
Thanks For Reading