We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2021/2022 for Nigerian Researchers,, fulbright foreign student program nigeria, fulbright scholarship 2021, fulbright scholarship nigeria 2021, fulbright foreign student program rwanda, fulbright foreign student program 2021, fulbright foreign student program 2021, fulbright scholarship 2021-22, fulbright scholarship application, fulbright scholarship 2021-2022 then you are not alone.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is pleased to announce the annual call for applications for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the 2021/2022 academic year. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a research program funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
The FFSP program is designed primarily to strengthen African universities by giving grantees the opportunity to conduct doctoral research in the United States. It offers young and exceptionally promising faculty members in select Nigerian universities the opportunity to conduct doctoral research at U.S. academic or research institutions for a maximum of nine (9) months. This program is strictly for individuals who are currently doing their PHD program and would like the opportunity to carry out their DOCTORAL RESEARCH in the U.S.
Competition is open for the following study fields: Science, engineering, technology, arts, journalism/public relations/media studies, agriculture/food science, economics, environmental science, international relations, political science, public administration/policy, public health, and tourism.
Note: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is extremely competitive, particularly in the fields of journalism, communication, and business administration, sciences such as chemistry, biology, physics, and engineering related disciplines
Fulbright Foreign Student Program Benefits.
The grant covers the grantee’s round-trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, books-and-supplies allowance, and computer allowance. The grant also covers basic university health insurance as a primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage.
Note: The grant does not cover travel of dependents, hence grantees will not be allowed to travel with spouse and children to the United States.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program Eligibility.
To be eligible for a grant:
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be DOCTORAL OR PHD students who have completed a significant amount of their doctoral program in Nigerian universities and have the endorsement of their home institution.
Note: MASTERS and First-Degree applicants are NOT qualified to apply for this program.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must take their first TOEFL exam by May 2020.
- Applicants must meet the minimum score on required standardized tests (TOEFL: a score of 90)
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not studied in the U.S.
- Those in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns. Therefore, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
How to Apply for Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
- Applications must be completed online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021 .
- Applicant should click on “create an account” to start a new application.
- They should also attach their supporting documents online (i.e. 3 academic and professional references, Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and writing sample.) Applicants should select “Visiting Researcher” as their degree objective in their applications.
- Applicants are advised to read the instructions preceding the application carefully and seek the assistance of senior colleagues who are Fulbright alumni for guidance with the application process, if possible.
A complete application includes:
- An online application which includes:
- a clearly written research objective.
- a professional resume.
- Three letters of reference specifying the personal, academic and professional competence of the candidate (submitted electronically and attached to the online application).
- Student copy of academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended should be scanned and attached to the online application if available.
- TOEFL score report.Hard copies of official academic transcripts should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
- Please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> or [email protected]
- The Fulbright program is a popular program and the Public Affairs Office will only notify shortlisted candidates.
A complete application includes:
- An online application which includes:
- a clearly written research objective
- a professional resume
- Three letters of reference specifying the personal, academic and professional competence of the candidate (submitted electronically and attached to the online application)
- Official academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended should be scanned and attached to the online application; (official paper transcripts should also be sent at a later date)
- TOEFL or GRE score reports.
Hard copies of official academic transcripts from higher institutions should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
For Candidates in the South/ South- East/ South West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
For Candidates in the North-Central/North-East/North-West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja
Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them to [email protected]
The Fulbright program is a popular program, the Public Affairs Office will ONLY NOTIFY SHOTRTLISTED CANDIDATES.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2020.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2021/2022 for Nigerian Researchers”.
Thanks For Reading