Royal Society Future Leaders – African Independent Research (FLAIR) Fellowships 2024 | Award of up to £150,000
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Royal Society Future Leaders – African Independent Research FLAIR Fellowships 2024 | Award of up to £150,000, royal society grants, flair future leaders, royal society fellowship, royal society sfi university research fellowship, research grants for african researchers 2024, flair fellowship 2024, royal society university fellowships, african academy of sciences then you are not alone.
The Future Leaders – African Independent Research (FLAIR) Fellowships are for talented African early career researchers who have the potential to become leaders in their field.
These fellowships provide the opportunity to build an independent research career in a sub-Saharan African institution and to undertake cutting-edge scientific research that will address global challenges facing developing countries.
Objectives of FLAIR Fellowship.
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- Support talented early career researchers to establish an independent research career in African institutions.
- Enable high-quality research that addresses the global development challenges faced by the African continent.
- Provide world-class support, training, mentoring and networking opportunities to benefit early career African researchers.
This is a partnership between the African Academy of Sciences (AAS) and the Royal Society, supported by the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
FLAIR Fellowship Eligibility.
You can apply for this scheme if you:
- Are a national of a sub-Saharan African country;
- Hold a PhD by the time you apply;
- Are an early career researcher with a minimum of two years of research experience since completing your PhD and no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience;
- Wish to hold the fellowship in a research institution in an Official Development Assistance (ODA) eligible sub-Saharan African country;
- Have a clearly defined scientific research proposal focusing on one or more of the Global Challenge areas outlined in the scheme notes.
FLAIR Fellowship Benefits.
The scheme provides an award of up to £150,000 per year for two years in the first instance, covering:
- Research Fellow’s salary, up to £45,000 per year.
- Research expenses
- Research assistance
- Equipment costs
- Travel expenses
- Research consumables
- Institutional overhead, up to £15,000 per year
The scheme also provides a programme of support and development, including:
- Training courses
- Opportunities for international collaboration
- Networking opportunities regionally and internationally
How to Apply for FLAIR Fellowship.
Applications should be made through the Royal Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant®. Your application will follow the process detailed in the scheme notes, overseen by the FLAIR panel.
Interviews will be held the week commencing November 23, 2023 at the African Academy of Sciences, Nairobi. You are advised to keep this week free. You will be notified of the result of the application process by December 2022
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Royal Society Future Leaders – African Independent Research FLAIR Fellowships | Award of up to £150,000”.
Thanks For Reading