We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants 2024, al qasimi foundation jobs, ras al khaimah charity foundation, sheikh saud bin saqr charitable educational foundation, al qasimi foundation instagram, saud bin saqr foundation for youth project development, ras al khaimah charity association then you are not alone.
The Doctoral Research Grants encourage scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research toward informing policy making in the United Arab Emirates.
The Grants are open to PhD students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the United Arab Emirates or abroad. Doctoral Research Grants financially support PhD candidates in the research phase of their dissertations. Currently, two awards are available each year for applied research projects that have Ras Al Khaimah as a primary site for data gathering and analysis.
Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants Objectives.
The grant objectives are
- To provide opportunities for distinguished doctoral candidates to realize their potential in conducting innovative, applied research while making a positive impact on the Ras Al Khaimah community;
- To foster high-quality research that supports the development of the region’s research capacity;
- To build a community of scholars and promote collaboration among highly recognized international universities and national institutions in the United Arab Emirates;
- To promote cross-cultural exchange that sparks curiosity and new ideas and also facilitates understanding.
Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants Eligibility.
- Applicant must be a current PhD student at an accredited university in good academic standing.
- Applicant must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85 or IELTS score of 6.5 if English is a secondary language.
- Applicant must have all PhD coursework completed and be ready to conduct the field research component of his/her dissertation.
- Applicant must have a research proposal that is approved (or is in the process of being approved) by the applicant’s advisor and graduate program. The approved proposal should include a literature review and significant detail on research methodology.
- The proposed research must have Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval from the applicant’s home institution.
- The proposed research must focus on the United Arab Emirates, and specifically the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. If the research proposal includes other locations, Ras Al Khaimah must be a significant focus for data gathering and analysis.
- Proposed research must address an education, public policy, or closely related social science issue or question. Relevant topics (dependent on research question) may include areas such as education, urban planning/development, public health, economic development, food access, and energy or environmental policy.
Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants.
- The Grant covers all student expenses associated with their field research in the United Arab Emirates, including return airfares, furnished accommodation for up to 12 months, a stipend to cover living costs, and research support.
- Recipients are expected to produce one to two working papers as part of the Grant and make at least one presentation to the local research community.
Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants Selection Criteria.
The Grant is awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and relevance of proposed research. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process, with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education, public policy (such as urban planning, economics, public health, environment), or closely related fields.
How to Apply for Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants.
Prospective applicants should create an account in the Foundation’s grant management portal and then follow the Doctoral Research Grants application instructions.
The online application form and all documents below must be uploaded and submitted in the portal no later than March 1, 2020 to be considered:
- Two-page essay in the form of a cover letter outlining reasons why the applicant is interested in a Doctoral Research Grant. The letter should address (1) prior experiences, coursework, and skills relevant to the proposed field research; (2) how the proposed research aligns with the Al Qasimi Foundation’s mission; (3) what the applicant hopes to gain from the field research experience; and (4) how the field research experience fits into the applicant’s long-term academic and professional goals.
- CV or resume outlining educational background, research experience and publications, work experience, honors and awards, and co-curricular activities.
- Current official transcript of applicant’s doctoral program (and official transcripts for all completed degrees).
- Official copy of a TOEFL or IELTS score report (only necessary for applicants for whom English is a secondary language).
- Copy of the approved research proposal or preliminary proposal. Please indicate specific budgetary, facilities, special equipment, or other resource needs required to conduct the proposed research. The proposal should also include information on potential dates and duration of the field research component in Ras Al Khaimah.
- Official documentation of IRB approval for the proposed research from the applicant’s home institution (or plans for gaining if not available at time of application)
- Two letters of reference that address the suitability of the candidate. One letter must be from the applicant’s doctoral advisor and the other should be from another academic. Both letters must indicate the length of time, extent, and nature of the recommending party’s relationship with the applicant.
All materials submitted for funding consideration will automatically become the property of the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research and will not be returned to the sender.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants”.
Thanks For Reading