We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowship Programme 2021 at Aalborg University Denmark, visiting fellowship for phd students 2021, visiting fellowship phd students 2021, phd visiting fellowship 2021, un visiting phd fellowship programme, visiting research fellowship 2021, visiting research fellowship 2021, phd fellowships, un phd fellowship programme 2021, visiting fellowship for indian faculty then you are not alone.
The aim of the visiting fellowship programme and the scholarships is to help African PhD students working in the field of Innovation and Development to strengthen their academic/research qualifications; improve quality of their dissertations and prepare for a career in innovation and development either within academia or outside (e.g. in the private sector or in government/policy making).
The visiting fellowship programme does this by increasing the international mobility and level of exposure of the PhD students to international knowledge in the field of innovation and development. The programme forms part of the efforts by AfricaLics to contribute to the development of a vibrant research community in Africa in this emerging and highly multidisciplinary field.
The Swedish Development Agency, Sida (Stockholm) provides funding for the visiting scholarships as part of the project Enhancing research capacity on Innovation and Development in Africa through the African Network on Learning, Innovation and Competence Building Systems (AfricaLics) – Phase II (2017-2021).
AfricaLics Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- Be enrolled as a PhD student at a university in Africa.
- Have completed their first year of studies by December 2020 (upgrade/probation)
- Have a background (BSc, MSc etc.) within Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Science and Technology Policy, Geography, History or Development Studies. Applicants may also work within the STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) subjects or even manufacturing but from a social science perspective.
- Possess adequate skills in English
- Be working actively on a subject relevant to the field of innovation and development as defined above.
- Submit a brief application 1 page/500 words explaining own background, motivation for applying and expected outcomes of participation in the AfricaLics PhD visiting fellowship programme
AfricaLics Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme Cost.
- Travel costs (economy class) and health insurance will be covered, but students have to be registered with the Danish authorities before the health insurance becomes active. This may take some time. Students must therefore take out their own health insurance for the first two weeks of the stay.
- The visiting scholars will receive a stipend of 16,000 DKK per month (equivalent to app. $2,330 USD as per May 25, 2020). This includes funds for accommodation. Tax exemption has to be applied for after the candidates arrive and cannot be guaranteed, so it is advisable to bring extra funds for the first two months of the visiting fellowship period. If an agreement is made that Danida Fellowship Centre in Copenhagen houses the visiting fellow, the stipend amount may change.
- A fixed amount is available to cover student participation in selected course activities and for supervision (over and above the stipend).
- Funding is available for organizing trilateral meetings between the PhD student, the main supervisor from home institution and the AAU mentor during the study period at AAU.
- The scholarship covers only costs related to the visit of the student him/herself. Costs related to accompanying spouses, children or others are not covered. Unfortunately, this fellowship cannot support accompanying family members and they strongly encourage fellows to not bring family members for the study visit as this will reduce time available for focusing on the PhD work.
How to Apply for AfricaLics Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Brief outline of your current PhD project including training plan (max. 5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV (including PhD courses attended so far)
- Letter of support from the main PhD supervisor confirming that the PhD student will have completed her/his upgrade/probation by end January 2021
- Letter of support from the University Administration at the university where the PhD student is enrolled
- Copies of academic certificates (copies of Bachelor and Master Certificates as a minimum)
- One writing sample (article or chapter) from current PhD program
Applications with all relevant attachments should be forwarded to vis[email protected] by July 31, 2020.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowship Programme 2021 at Aalborg University Denmark”.
Thanks For Reading