CMRA International Summer School 2021 for PhD Students & Postdocs | Fully Funded
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for CMRA International Summer School 2021 for PhD Students & Postdocs | Fully Funded, then you are not alone.
The Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) and the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invite applications for an international summer school that will take place at the ICRISAT regional headquarter in Bamako, Mali.
The summer school aims to enhance awareness of the state of the art in crop modelling for addressing climate risk and sustainable intensification among the region’s next generation of researchers and agricultural policy makers. It is designed to provide students with a broad overview of system’s analysis, best practices in model application climate change impact assessments, as well as emerging applications and challenges for crop modelling to support sustainable intensification of smallholder farming systems. Students will be equipped with knowledge and skills to use crop models in the design and assessment of resilient and productive cropping systems.
Offered in French and English, the course will combine lectures with international experts, together with hands on tutorials, and group work and discussions. The maximum number of participants is 26.
CMRA International Summer School Eligibility.
- Open to current PhD students & postdocs with an academic background in crop physiology; agronomy; agricultural engineering; soil science; environmental science, or similar with experience working with smallholder farmers in semi-arid West Africa are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be West African or German nationals, or currently study in Germany and conduct research in West Africa.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using modelling tools, or in applying quantitative methods in regions with significant climatic risks for agriculture such as the Sahel and Sudan-Savanah regions.
- Applications can be made in English or French. The application language will be used to place selected candidates in project and tutorial groups.
CMRA International Summer School Funding.
- Travel costs, visa fees (if required), food and accommodation will be covered for successful applicants. The Summer School is financially supported by the Volkswagen Stiftung.
How to Apply for CMRA International Summer School.
Your application should include:
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages max.);
- Cover letter (1 page);
- Brief statement explaining your motivation to participate and what you can contribute to CMRA2021’s transdisciplinary, problem-solving oriented group work (1 page);
- Contact information of two references;
- Scan of PhD degree or proof of enrollment in PhD studies.
Interested PhD and post-doc researchers should send their application documents by e-mail (1 single pdf-file, max. 3 MB) to [email protected].
That’s the much we can take on the topic “CMRA International Summer School 2021 for PhD Students & Postdocs | Fully Funded”.
Thanks For Reading