Lagos Smart Meter Hackathon 2021 | N7million Prize
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for Lagos Smart Meter Hackathon 2021 | N7million Prize, then you are not alone.
How enthusiastic are you about the future? Can you deliver finished metering hardware and software systems? Apply now for the Lagos Smart Meter Hackathon 2021.
Despite significant investment and resolutions around power generation and distribution, over 60% of users in Lagos are estimated to still be unmetered and this affects the last-mile distribution to customers. The inability to resolve this not only prevents supply of constant and stable electricity but causes significant revenue leakage and adversely affects the trust the people have in the system.
Eko Innovation Centre (with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources as Title Sponsors) is promoting efforts to provide affordable meter to the populace by facilitating a meter design hackathon to improve energy distribution, monitoring and preventing revenue leakage.
Lagos Smart Meter Hackathon Eligibility.
- Open to entrepreneurs, software enthusiasts, hackers and developers;
- While the preference is to drive local participation and technology contribution, they welcome submissions from those who want to make a change and contribute to the making electricity supply better in Lagos.
- They encourage everyone to participate in the Hackathon whether you’re starting your development from scratch or continuing a previously started project.
Lagos. Smart Meter Hackathon Prizes.
- N7million for combined winning hardware and software team;
- Additionally, a percentage of the Intellectual Property royalties from the winning solution.
The winning prize is to celebrate the most viable idea/concept developed by individuals / team, which can be commercialized. It is not the funding expected to be used for mass production.
How to Register for Lagos. Smart Meter Hackathon.
For hardware submissions, you are expected to submit:
- A PDF version of electronic and electrical diagram of motherboard and device schematic designs/diagrams.
- A Sketch or 3D Diagram of Device/Casing.
- And/or a YouTube Video URL of your prototype. You can mark your YouTube video unlisted but not private.
Ensure you have registered your team before you submit your application.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Lagos Smart Meter Hackathon 2021 | N7million Prize”.
Thanks For Reading