JAMB Subject Combination for Yoruba
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Yoruba then you are not alone.
Yoruba (/ˈjɒrʊbə/; Yor. Èdè Yorùbá) is a language spoken in West Africa, most prominently Southwestern Nigeria. It is spoken by the ethnic Yoruba people. The number of Yoruba speakers is stated as roughly 41 million, plus about 2 million second-language speakers. As a pluricentric language, it is primarily spoken in a dialectal area spanning Nigeria with smaller migrated communities in Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone and The Gambia.
Yoruba vocabulary is also used in the Afro-Brazilian religion known as Candomblé, in the Caribbean religion of Santería in the form of the liturgical Lucumí language and various Afro-American religions of North America. Practitioners of these religions in the Americas no longer speak Yorùbá language, rather they use remnants of Yorùbá language for singing songs that for them are shrouded in mystery. Usage of a lexicon of Yorùbá words and short phrases during ritual is also common, but they have gone through changes due to the fact that Yorùbá is no longer a vernacular for them and fluency is not required.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Yoruba is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Yoruba O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Yoruba Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Yoruba UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Yoruba.
Please read the Yoruba programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Yoruba
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Yoruba
Direct Entry Requirement for Yoruba:
- Two (2) A Level passes to include Yoruba or Literature in English.
UTME Requirement for Yoruba:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Yoruba and English Language.
UTME Subject combination for Yoruba:
- Yoruba and two (2) other subjects in Arts or Social Science
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Yoruba. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Yoruba”.
Thanks For Visiting