JAMB Subject Combination for Vocational And Technical Education
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Vocational And Technical Education then you are not alone.
Vocational education is education that prepares people to work as a technician or to take up employment in a skilled craft or trade as a tradesperson or artisan. Vocational education is sometimes referred to as career and technical education.
A vocational school is a type of educational institution specifically designed to provide vocational education.
Vocational education can take place at the post-secondary, further education, or higher education level and can interact with the apprenticeship system. At the post-secondary level, vocational education is often provided by highly specialized trade schools, technical schools, community colleges, colleges of further education (UK), vocational universities, and institutes of technology (formerly called polytechnic institutes).
Historically, almost all vocational education took place in the classroom or on the job site, with students learning trade skills and trade theory from accredited instructors or established professionals. However, in recent years, online vocational education has grown in popularity, making learning various trade skills and soft skills from established professionals easier than ever for students, even those who may live far away from a traditional vocational school.
The World Bank‘s 2019 World Development Report on the future of work suggests that flexibility between general and vocational education particularly in higher education is imperative to enable workers to compete in changing labor markets where technology plays an increasingly important role.
Trends have emerged in the implementation of TVET and skills development worldwide. From the late 1980s onwards a number of governments began to emphasise on the role of education in preparing learners effectively for the world of work. This school of thought, termed “new vocationalism”, placed the skills needs of industry at the centre of discussions on the purpose of public education. TVET and skills development were viewed as an important component in promoting economic growth in general and addressing youth unemployment in particular. In recognition of this, United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 advocates the expansion of equitable access to TVET needs in order to substantially increase the number of youths with relevant skills for decent work.
General education systems had not been effective in developing the skills that many adolescents and adults needed to secure employment in industry. The late 1980s and early 1990s saw the introduction and expansion of new vocational curricula and courses, often developed in collaboration with industry, and an increase in the variety of work-based learning routes on offer to young people
The Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational And Technical Education is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Vocational And Technical Education O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Vocational And Technical Education Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Vocational And Technical Education UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Vocational And Technical Education.
Please read the Vocational And Technical Education programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Vocational And Technical Education
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE COL OF EDUC.(TECH), ENUGU (AFFL TO NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIV, AWKA) – ESCOE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Vocational And Technical Education
Direct Entry Requirement for Vocational And Technical Education:
- (i) NCE merit in Technical Education. (ii) ND in Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
UTME Requirement for Vocational And Technical Education:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in NTC, City and Guilds Part I or WAEC Technical and Federal Craft Training Certificate including English Language, Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, subject of specialization.
UTME Subject combination for Vocational And Technical Education:
- Subjects of specialization and Mathematics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Vocational And Technical Education. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Vocational And Technical Education”.
Thanks For Visiting