JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science
- 1.1 UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Soil Science
- 1.2 READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science then you are not alone.
Soil science is the study of soil as a natural resource on the surface of the Earth including soil formation, classification and mapping; physical, chemical, biological, and fertility properties of soils; and these properties in relation to the use and management of soils.
Sometimes terms which refer to branches of soil science, such as pedology (formation, chemistry, morphology, and classification of soil) and edaphology (how soils interact with living things, especially plants), are used as if synonymous with soil science. The diversity of names associated with this discipline is related to the various associations concerned. Indeed, engineers, agronomists, chemists, geologists, physical geographers, ecologists, biologists, microbiologists, silviculturists, sanitarians, archaeologists, and specialists in regional planning, all contribute to further knowledge of soils and the advancement of the soil sciences.
Soil scientists have raised concerns about how to preserve soil and arable land in a world with a growing population, possible future water crisis, increasing per capita food consumption, and land degradation.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Soil Science is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Soil Science O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Soil Science Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Soil Science UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Soil Science.
Please read the Soil Science programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Soil Science
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Soil Science
Direct Entry Requirement for Soil Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
UTME Requirement for Soil Science:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Soil Science:
- Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Soil Science. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Soil Science”.
Thanks For Visiting