JAMB Subject Combination for Social Work
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Social Work
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Social Work then you are not alone.
Social work is an academic discipline and practice-based profession that concerns itself with individuals, families, groups, communities and society as a whole in an effort to meet basic needs and enhance social functioning, self-determination, collective responsibility, optimal health, and overall well-being.Social functioning is defined as the ability of an individual to perform their social roles within their own self, their immediate social environment, and the society at large.
Social work applies areas, such as sociology, psychology, human biology, political science, health, community development, law, and economics, to work with individuals across the lifespan, engage with client systems, conduct assessments, and develop interventions to solve social problems, personal problems, and bring about social change. Social work practice is often divided into micro-work, which involves working directly with individuals or small groups; and macro-work, which involves working with communities, and fostering change on a larger scale through social policy. Since the 1980s, few universities also started to run social work management programmes to qualify students for the management of social and human service organisations besides classical social work education.
The social work profession developed in the 19th century, with some of its roots in voluntary philanthropy and in grassroots organizing.[However, responses to social needs had existed long before then, primarily from public almshouses, private charities and religious organizations. The effects of the Industrial Revolution and of the Great Depression of the 1930s placed pressure on social work to become a more defined discipline
The Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Social Work O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Social Work Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Social Work UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Social Work.
Please read the Social Work programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Social Work
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Social Work
Direct Entry Requirement for Social Work:
- Two (2) A Level passes in any subjects
UTME Requirement for Social Work:
- Five (5) SSC credits including English Language and Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Social Work:
- Mathematics, Economics/Geography and any other subject
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Social Work. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Social Work”.
Thanks For Visiting