JAMB Subject Combination for Plant Biology
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Plant Biology then you are not alone.
Botany, also called plant science(s), plant biology or phytology, is the science of plant life and a branch of biology. A botanist, plant scientist or phytologist is a scientist who specialises in this field. The term “botany” comes from the Ancient Greek word βοτάνη (botanē) meaning “pasture“, “herbs” “grass“, or “fodder“; βοτάνη is in turn derived from βόσκειν (boskein), “to feed” or “to graze“.
Traditionally, botany has also included the study of fungi and algae by mycologists and phycologists respectively, with the study of these three groups of organisms remaining within the sphere of interest of the International Botanical Congress. Nowadays, botanists (in the strict sense) study approximately 410,000 species of land plants of which some 391,000 species are vascular plants (including approximately 369,000 species of flowering plants), and approximately 20,000 are bryophytes
The Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Biology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Plant Biology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Plant Biology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Plant Biology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Plant Biology.
Please read the Plant Biology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Plant Biology
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Plant Biology
Direct Entry Requirement for Plant Biology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Biology/Botany/Zoology and Chemistry or Physics.
UTME Requirement for Plant Biology:
- Five (5) SSC Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
UTME Subject combination for Plant Biology:
- Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Plant Biology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Plant Biology”.
Thanks For Visiting