JAMB Subject Combination for Physical Education
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Physical Education then you are not alone.
Physical education, also known as Phys Ed., PE, gym, or gym class, and in some Commonwealth countries as physical training or PT, is a class that pupils are required to take at school. It is taken during primary and secondary education and encourages psychomotor learning in a play or movement exploration setting to promote health and physical fitness.
In addition, physical literacy is a 21st-century term that first emerged in the sport literature before also being applied to physical education. The concept of physical literacy covers a variety of conditions for a student. Whether it is motivation, confidence, physical competence, knowledge and understanding for student. Teachers implement these different concepts into their lesson plans to teach and develop students accordingly and appropriately for their individual success and education.
Whether the class produces positive effects on students’ health, behaviour, and academic performance depends upon the kind of program that is taught. Physical Education programs vary all over the world. However, there are worldwide organizations that allow for a better understanding of how much exercise a child should be getting daily. Popular games in PE include football, netball, hockey, rounders, athletics and cricket.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Physical Education O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Physical Education Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Physical Education UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Physical Education.
Please read the Physical Education programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Physical Education
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UNIMAID) – EDYOLA
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – IKERE-EKITI
- KASHIM IBRAHIM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MAIDUGURI , BORNO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIMAID) – KICOE-DEG
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Physical Education
Direct Entry Requirement for Physical Education:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- (ii) NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- (iii) Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social work, Health Administration with overall grades of merit plus three (3) O Level credit passes/TC II merit which should include English Language.
- (iv) NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a pass grade plus two (2) O Level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- (v) Registered Nurse plus five (5) O Level credit passes to include English Language.
UTME Requirement for Physical Education:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes/TC II merit passes including English Language, Biology or its equivalent
UTME Subject combination for Physical Education:
- Biology and any two(2) relevant subjects
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Physical Education. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Physical Education”.
Thanks For Visiting