JAMB Subject Combination for Horticulture
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Horticulture then you are not alone.
Horticulture is the art of cultivating plants in gardens to produce food and medicinal ingredients, or for comfort and ornamental purposes. Horticulturists are agriculturists who grow flowers, fruits and nuts, vegetables and herbs, as well as ornamental trees and lawns.[
The study and practice of horticulture have been traced back thousands of years. Horticulture contributed to the transition from nomadic human communities to sedentary, or semi-sedentary, horticultural communities. Horticulture is divided into several categories which focus on the cultivation and processing of different types of plants and food items for specific purposes. In order to conserve the science of horticulture, multiple organizations worldwide educate, encourage, and promote the advancement of horticulture. Some notable horticulturists include Luca Ghini, Luther Burbank, and Tony Avent.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Horticulture O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Horticulture Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Horticulture UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Horticulture.
Please read the Horticulture programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Horticulture
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Horticulture
Direct Entry Requirement for Horticulture:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Biology, Agricultural Science, Botany and Zoology.
UTME Requirement for Horticulture:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Agric Science.
UTME Subject combination for Horticulture:
- Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and one (1) of Mathematics, Geography, Economics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Horticulture. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Horticulture”.
Thanks For Visiting