JAMB Subject Combination for Food Engineering
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Food Engineering then you are not alone.
Food engineering is a scientific, academic, and professional field that interprets and applies principles of engineering, science, and mathematics to food manufacturing and operations, including the processing, production, handling, storage, conservation, control, packaging and distribution of food products. Given its reliance on food science and broader engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, industrial and agricultural engineering, food engineering is considered a multidisciplinary and narrow field.
Due to the complex nature of food materials, food engineering also combines the study of more specific chemical and physical concepts such as biochemistry, microbiology, food chemistry, thermodynamics, transport phenomena, rheology, and heat transfer.
Food engineers apply this knowledge to the cost-effective design, production, and commercialization of sustainable, safe, nutritious, healthy, appealing, affordable and high-quality ingredients and foods, as well as to the development of food systems, machinery, and instrumentation
The Bachelor’s Degree in Food Engineering is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Food Engineering O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Food Engineering Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Food Engineering UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Food Engineering.
Please read the Food Engineering programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Food Engineering
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Food Engineering
Direct Entry Requirement for Food Engineering:
- (i) A Level passes in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
- (ii) ND upper credit/ HND lower credit in relevant programmes.
UTME Requirement for Food Engineering:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
UTME Subject combination for Food Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Food Engineering. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Food Engineering”.
Thanks For Visiting