JAMB Subject Combination for Criminology and Penology
- 1 JAMB Subject Combination for Criminology and Penology
We are aware at mytopschools.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Criminology and Penology then you are not alone.
Penology (from “penal”, Latin poena, “punishment” and the Greek suffix -logia, “study of”) is a sub-component of criminology that deals with the philosophy and practice of various societies in their attempts to repress criminal activities, and satisfy public opinion via an appropriate treatment regime for persons convicted of criminal offences.
Penology is concerned with the effectiveness of those social processes devised and adopted for the prevention of crime, via the repression or inhibition of criminal intent via the fear of punishment. The study of penology therefore deals with the treatment of prisoners and the subsequent rehabilitation of convicted criminals. It also encompasses aspects of probation (rehabilitation of offenders in the community) as well as penitentiary science relating to the secure detention and retraining of offenders committed to secure institutions.
Penology concerns many topics and theories, including those concerning prisons (prison reform, prisoner abuse, prisoners’ rights, and recidivism), as well as theories of the purposes of punishment (deterrence, retribution, incapacitation and rehabilitation). Contemporary penology concerns itself mainly with criminal rehabilitation and prison management. The word seldom applies to theories and practices of punishment in less formal environments such as parenting, school and workplace correctional measures.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology And Penology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Criminology And Penology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Criminology And Penology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Criminology And Penology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Criminology And Penology.
Please read the Criminology And Penology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Criminology And Penology
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Criminology And Penology
Direct Entry Requirement for Criminology And Penology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Economics and any one of Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Business Management, History and Government.
UTME Requirement for Criminology And Penology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two (2) of Arts or Social Science subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Criminology And Penology:
- Economics, Mathematics and any of Government, History, Geography, Literature in English, French and Christian Religious Studies /Islamic Studies.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Criminology And Penology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Criminology and Penology”.
Thanks For Visiting